Top 10 Movies to Warm your Heart this Snowy Season

We’ve created a list of only the best rom-coms, comedies, action movies, classic movies and more. So, in the midst of your holiday stress, give yourself a moment and a break.

12.27.22
Top 10 Movies to Warm your Heart this Snowy Season (Getty Images)

The holiday season is buzzing. There is food to be made, songs to be sung and places to travel. But, possibly most importantly of all, there are movies to watch. 

We’ve created a list of only the best rom-coms, comedies, action movies, classic movies and more. So, in the midst of your holiday stress, give yourself a moment and a break. You deserve it, after all! 

Romance-Comedies

• When Harry Met Sally
    Where to watch: Netflix, HBO Max
    Overview: “When Harry Met Sally” is considered to be one of the greatest Rom-Coms of all time for a reason. It follows the stories of Harry Burns (Billy Crystal) and Sally Albright (Meg Ryan) who spend a car ride driving from Chicago to New York and spend nearly the entire time arguing about whether or not men and women can be friends. They reunite ten years later in a bookshop and find companionship in one another.
  • 10 Things I Hate About You
    Where to watch: Disney+, Amazon Prime, Fubo, Sling TV
    Overview: “10 Things I Hate About You” stars Julia Stiles as Kat Stratford and Heath Ledger as Patrick Verona. Kat, a beautiful but gruff young woman, is unwilling to be romanced by anyone. Enter Patrick Verona: Charming, funny, handsome and absolutely dedicated to winning over her heart. 

Oldies but Goodies

• West Side Story
    Where to watch: Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+
    Overview: “West Side Story” was first made in 1961. It is a Romeo and Juliet-esque story with two teens from opposing gangs. The musical scores and the dancing are works of art enough to justify adding this movie to your holiday movie list. 
  • The Wizard of Oz
    Where to watch: Hulu, HBO Max, Sling TV
    Overview: This 1931 movie is a true classic, based on the book of the same name by Frank L. Baum. Little Dorothy (played by Judy Garland) and her dog Toto are swept away to the land of Oz. There, she meets a Scarecrow needing a brain, a Lion needing courage, and a Tin Man missing a heart - all of whom try to help her find her way home. 

Action

• Spider-Man: Homecoming
    Where to watch: Starz, Hulu, Sling TV, Amazon Prime
    Overview: “Spider-Man” is a classic “boy-next-door”/everyman trope superhero movie and the characters are just as entrancing as the story. If you’re looking for a fun, light-hearted action movie to curl up to, look no further! 
  • The Black Panther
    Where to watch: Disney+
    Overview: “The Black Panther” is an amazing story with fantastic graphics. It’s in the Marvel Universe, but takes place in a culturally-and-monetarily rich, isolationist community. It follows the story of King T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) returns to his country, Wakanda, following his father’s death and is faced with a challenge from a powerful enemy.

Dramas

• Call Me By Your Name
    Where to watch: Netflix, HBO Max
    Overview: With moving musical scores, haunting dialogue, and incredible twists, “Call Me By Your Name” has to be the best movie I’ve seen in a long time. It revolves around Elio and Oliver, two young adults in the Italian countryside in 1983, and how they fall into their desire for one another and how that desire grows into something more.
  • The Wolf of Wall Street
    Where to watch: Amazon Prime, Sling TV, Philo, Roku
    Overview: “The Wolf of Wall Street” is centered around Jordan (Leonardo DiCaprio) as he goes from something to everything on the Wall Street brokerage scene. How does he do this, you may ask? He simply defrauds wealthy investors out of millions. No biggie, right?

Comedies:

• Heathers
    Where to watch: Tubi, Plex, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Roku
    Overview: “Heathers” is the story of Veronica (Winona Ryder), a member of the most popular clique at her school. After accidentally poisoning the clique’s leader, Heather Chandler, Veronica and her new boyfriend J.D. (Christian Slater) make it look like a suicide. But when Veronica realizes J.D. is purposefully killing students he doesn’t like, she feels it’s on her as she races to stop him.

Mean Girls
Where to watch: Paramount+, Amazon Prime, Roku
Overview: Cady Heron, a young girl who has just moved from Africa as a homeschool student, is thrusted into the crazy high school politics of the Illinois suburbs. She joins the most popular girls in school, “The Plastics”, and quickly learns the cost of her newfound friends and fame.