Underrated Games You Should Check Out

01.02.24
Underrated Games You Should Check Out

ChicagoThe Game Awards showcased some amazing games. But, let’s be honest, it tends to recognize bigger video games, made by huge companies, rather than smaller ones made by one or a handful of developers.

Here’s three video games made by indie developers that you absolutely need to add to your Steam wishlist.

Dorfromantik

Made by a small team of German developers, Toukana Interactive, this game is a puzzle/city-building game. The goal is to match tiles to each other, to slowly create a cute, forested town, surrounded by ponds, farmland, and train tracks. It’s really chill and a great way to spend a quiet afternoon. Currently 40% off on Steam, at $8.39 .

Graveyard Keeper

Similar to “Stardew Valley,” the goal of this game is to maintain a medieval graveyard and go through moral dilemmas. Developed by Lazy Bear Games, a Lithuanian company, it’s currently 35% off on Steam, at $12.99 .

“Unpacking”

Developed by Witch Beam, a group in Australia, this is a zen puzzle game about unpacking in a house you just moved into. It’s a combination of block-fitting and home decoration, and a good time. 50% off on Steam right now, at $9.99 .