YouTube Superstar MrBeast Surpasses 200M Subscribers

Jimmy Donaldson, famously known as MrBeast, was the first person with an unbranded YouTube creator to do so.

11.17.23
YouTube Superstar MrBeast Surpasses 200M Subscribers (Michael Tran/AFP via Getty Images)

New York City, NYYouTube giant Jimmy Donaldson, famously known as MrBeast, recently hit a major milestone of surpassing 200 million subscribers.

Donaldson now holds the title of the world’s second most popular YouTube channel as it took him nearly a decade to get to the first 100 million, and 15 months to grow to 200 million. 
“We hit 200,000,000 subscribers! If you traveled back in time and showed this screenshot to me when I was 13, there is 0 shot he'd believe it's real haha,” Donaldson wrote on X.

The 25-year-old from Wichita, Kansas became the first person with an unbranded YouTube channel to hit 200 million subscribers ever on the platform.  

As one of the most-viewed and highest-paid creators on the platform, Donaldson is known for videos centered around stunts and challenges, giving away loads of money or high-stake prizes like a Lamborghini. 

His early popular videos include challenges such as counting from zero to 100,000 straight for countless hours to reading every word in the dictionary. 

“This is just the beginning though, I still have decades left in the tank,” Donaldson wrote on X

Kailyn Rhone, (she/her) is from Florida, but is an NYC-based journalist covering education, technology and culture. Follow her on X: @onlykailyn.