Content in partnership with Talker

Which Exercise is Best for Beating Depression?

Researchers found that walking or jogging, yoga and strength training seem to be the most effective exercises to ease depression.

02.28.24
Which Exercise is Best for Beating Depression? (Getty Images)

Jogging, yoga, strength training and even a simple stroll all help beat the blues, according to a new study.

Researchers found such physical exercises ease depression with even low-intensity activities such as walking proving beneficial.

But the more vigorous the activity, the greater the benefits, according to the evidence review published by The BMJ.

Researchers found that walking or jogging, yoga and strength training seem to be the most effective exercises to ease depression, either alone or alongside established treatments such as psychotherapy and drugs.

The research team stressed that confidence in many of the findings remains low and more high-quality studies are needed.

But they say those forms of exercise “could be considered alongside psychotherapy and drugs as core treatments for depression.”

The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that more than 300 million people worldwide have depression.

Originally published by Talker News