Angel Reese: ‘Put Yourself First’

The LSU forward covers the March/April 2024 issue of Women’s Health and also announced to Vogue that she’s going pro.

04.03.24
Angel Reese: ‘Put Yourself First’ (Getty Images)

ChicagoCollege basketball phenom Angel Reese, a forward for Louisiana State University, graced the March/April 2024 issue of Women’s Health to discuss her mental health mantras and the legacy she wants to leave behind. 

The 21-year-old who led LSU to the NCAA Women’s Championship in 2023 and was voted the most outstanding player, told Women’s Health: “My mental health is the most important thing … I’m going to make sure I’m okay before anything. I want people to realize that I’m not just an athlete, I’m a human. I go through things. We all go through things. … If it’s not peace, I don’t want it for me.”

Setting aside ‘me time’ for Reese includes meditating quality time with her dog, cooking and doing her own eyelashing. Her mirror serves as a canvas for notes to herself, including “Positive attitude,” “Be confident” and Pray ever day.”

Reese, who created the Angel C. Reese Foundation, revealed to Vogue that she’s making herself available for the WNBA draft.

“I’ve done everything I wanted to do in college. I’ve won a national championship, I’ve gotten [Southeastern Conference] Player of the Year, I’ve been an All-American. My ultimate goal is to be a pro – and to be one of the greatest players to play, ever. I feel like I’m ready,” she told the outlet.