‘Bridgerton’ Actress Ruby Barker Revealed Mental Health Struggles

The 25-year-old actress shared she has been struggling since her stardom on the hit Netflix show "Bridgerton," playing the character Marina Thompson.

06.01.22
‘Bridgerton’ Actress Ruby Barker Revealed Mental Health Struggles (Getty Images)

Tallahassee, FL“Bridgerton” star Ruby Barker recently revealed that she was discharged from the hospital after sharing on Instagram that she has been dealing with "mental health struggles." 

The 25-year-old actress shared a video last week opening up to her followers about her mental health struggles and how she has been struggling since her stardom on the hit Netflix show "Bridgerton," playing the character Marina Thompson.  

"Mental health week is every week for me," she writes in an Instagram caption. "Off my chest. I feel like I've not been completely honest."

"I am better, I have been really unwell for a really long time," she added in her video. "I want to be honest with everyone. I have been struggling."

Barker admitted to feeling like the weight of the world was on her shoulders, inspiring her to prioritize her mental health over everything else. She continued to say she would take a break and encourage others to do as well. 

“I am going to take a little bit of a break for myself and I would encourage others, if you are struggling, do yourself a favor and take a break. Stop being so hard on yourself,” Barker said. 

On Monday, Barker announced in a video on Instagram that she was discharged from the hospital and appreciative of people showing her support throughout her journey. She admitted how surprised she was that so many people reached out to her after her initial video and how it made her feel "less alone."

"If I have any advice for my younger self, I would just tell myself, 'Listen, it's not all doom and gloom, even when you hit rock bottom'," she said in the video. "I can't wait for the future and I feel as if I've come out the other side. Thank you everyone, have a blessed day, take care of yourselves, don't be afraid to check in with your loved ones and we're all in this together as they say in ‘High School Musical,’" she captioned.