Stop Stressing!

Tips to manage your stress during finals.

04.10.24
Stop Stressing! (Getty Images)

Washington, DCAs the academic year reaches its climax, inevitable final exams can feel daunting for many students. From cramming late into the night to wrestling with last-minute revisions, the intensity of exam season can take a toll on both your mental and physical well-being.

Get Your Rest + Stay Active

That usual 2-4 hours of sleep won’t cut it this week.  Too little sleep will impair your cognitive functioning, doing you a disservice in the long run.

Create A Study Schedule

Measure the time between when you want to begin studying and your final exam date. Break off chapters/sections into smaller, more manageable portions. 

Take Breaks

I know it may feel like crunch time, but be sure to not burn yourself out!

Learn What Study Technique Works For You

There are plenty of effective studying techniques made popular, including but not limited to active recall, spaced repetition, and mnemonic devices.

Be Kind To Yourself

Lastly, we all know the sinking feeling we get when we may not score as high as we originally wanted.