How To Care For Yourself After a Burnout

Master self-care with these three tips.

09.28.22
How To Care For Yourself After a Burnout (Lux Graves via Unsplash)

Happy Fall! It is really hot out here and as I am currently in between jobs, you can tell that I am stressed out. But not to worry, for I know that many of you feel the same way. I have some proven self-care methods that can help you feel better and lessen the feeling of burn out and pain that society gives us. 

DISCLAIMER: Burnout can happen to anyone, but as a person with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) these are the tips that specifically help me. These are tips that can not only help people with ASD, but also neurotypical people suffering from burnout and many other mental issues.

Know when to walk away

Sometimes in life, we get into some situations where we bite off more than we can chew. Thankfully, some of these situations can be walked away from in order to support one’s mental health. Many times, it is the healthier option. 

https://twitter.com/JeffTheSigma/status/1552399956627099649?s=20&t=Ur1hwOhv8UxtLX17yScSxg

Vent it out 

When we have massive issues in our lives we feel like no one understands us, but time and time again I discover that people do understand us. Don’t be afraid to vent to other loved ones that you know about your issues. Venting is good and valid, purging the poison and negative thoughts from your system is good and borderline necessary to get yourself out of the burnout.

https://twitter.com/liftyourmind/status/1573281255189118976?s=20&t=vmTRAQ9UAHUKHcn2iD1GAw

Sleep

Most of the time for me, I usually need to just rest whenever I get burnt out so I will pass that onto you. Take naps, get rest, and do what you need to in order to stay calm. 

With these steps mastered, one can begin to truly know what self care is all about and know how to control oneself during a massive burnout.