The Lautners Address Mental Health on ‘The Squeeze’ Podcast

“The Squeeze”, featuring guest speakers, discusses topics surrounding mental wellness.

07.31.24
The Lautners Address Mental Health on ‘The Squeeze’ Podcast (@thesqueeze via Instagram)

Twilight” star Taylor Lautner and his wife, Tay Lautner, launched The Squeeze podcast in 2023 to speak on health topics, such as body positivity, grief, therapy and medical diagnoses. The podcast is part of The Lemons Foundation’s initiative to support individuals struggling with mental health.

“When life gives you lemons, what do you do with them? Over here at The Squeeze, we talk about it! “It” being our mental health and well being,” they stated in the podcast overview.

The Lemons Foundation was founded in 2022 after Tay Lautner personally experienced mental health struggles amid the COVID-19 pandemic, which caused her to leave behind her job as a registered nurse. From this experience, the Lautners have set themselves on a mission to raise mental health awareness while providing accessible supportive resources to the public. 

The Squeeze gets real and personal, shedding light on firsthand experiences and featuring special guest appearances of various professions to share their stories. Thus far, the podcast has collaborated with guest stars such as Jordan Chiles, gymnastic Olympian, Nia Sioux, a former dancer from the reality show “Dance Moms” and Daniella Monet, a former actress on Nickelodeon’s “Victorious”.

In June, The Squeeze debuted an episode with Nia Sioux expressing her passion for mental health awareness. Throughout the episode, Sioux reflects upon mental health struggles she experienced since a young age being in the public scene starring on “Dance Moms”, such as body image and overall negativity. 

On July 10, the podcast released an episode featuring former actress Daniella Monet. Monet speaks about her experiences in the acting industry, specifically concerning starring as “Trina” in the beloved Nickelodeon show, “Victorious”. Monet sheds light on gut health and the importance of prioritizing happiness.

The Squeeze is a powerful voice in the podcast industry, and its impact is set to grow and reach greater heights with time. The podcast is currently available on YouTube, Apple Podcasts and Spotify.

Kyana Early (she/her) is a journalist from the San Francisco Bay Area who covers entertainment and culture.