Viral TikTok Details Vaccine Trial

12.07.20
Viral TikTok Details Vaccine Trial (Photo: @ashealo/TikTok)

DeKalb, ILA 29-year-old from Nashville, Tenn. has gone viral on TikTok after getting her first injection this month as part of a COVID-19 vaccine trial.

Ashley Locke started the trial Nov. 16 and her post has gained 2.8 million views with tons of questions regarding the vaccine. 

"I've seen people post TikToks about different journeys they're having, like weight-loss journeys or moving to a new school and things like that, so I was, like, this vaccine trial is an interesting thing. I'll post about that," Locke said, according to NBC News. "Maybe some people will find that interesting."

TikTok users have shown a growing interest in the vaccine and how it works. The hashtag #CovidVaccine has more than 36 million views on the app.

The viral posts may even be influencing younger people to get vaccinated once the injections are approved