We are California, and together we are united in the movement for social progress.

YR Media joins other nonprofit organizations throughout California to amplify the critical racial and economic justice work being done. In partnership with the James Irvine Foundation, YR Media will elevate the profile of these vital community-based organizations while simultaneously offering hands-on, paid opportunities for young adults to build their digital media skills. 

Our YR Media young producers are highlighting the work of these organizations across the state by interviewing their CEOs and program leaders and creating radio spots, video interviews, and social content on YR Media’s platforms. 

With this initiative, we want to bring to light the broad range of community-based organizations doing important social justice work in our state. Though we all represent different issues that may seem unrelated, we are all in this together, united in a larger movement for social progress.

Read about the wonderful work of the featured organizations below and keep up with the YR Media movement by signing up for our newsletter.

Contact Us