Jasmine Butler

Inherited Storyteller

08.23.22
Jasmine Butler

Jasmine Butler (they/them) is a queer southern cowboi who finds connection and purpose through storytelling, writing, and music. They graduated with a B.A. in Geography from Dartmouth College in 2021 and currently work as a Network Organizer for Powershift Network, a youth climate justice nonprofit. 

Jasmine is most interested in weaving stories of the past and present to showcase the long lineages of Black resistance and survival, particularly in the U.S. South. Outside of writing, Jasmine is an herbalism student, avid book collector and sometimes reader.  Learn more about Jasmine’s work at jasmine-butler.com as well as on their substack, Black, Blue and Green Futures. You can also find them on Instagram @jasmrenea and Twitter @__reee__

Jasmine's short story, Blessed Magnolia, is featured in Season 2, Episode 1 of Inherited: Transforming. It was sound designed by their friend and collaborator Armond Dorsey.