Kenia Hale

Inherited Season 2 Storyteller

08.23.22
Kenia Hale

Kenia Hale (she/her) is a writer, artist, and researcher from the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio. A grandchild of the great migration, Kenia graduated from Yale University in 2021, where she majored in Computing and the Arts. She’s currently completing a two year pre-doctoral Emerging Scholar fellowship at the Princeton Center for Information Technology Policy and the Ida B. Wells Just Data Lab, where she led a research team on Liberatory Technology and planned and moderated an event on Imagining Radical Tech Futures. Her research interests examine the intersection between technology, environmental justice, and racial justice. A storyteller and collagist, Kenia loves writing and dreaming of new futures where Black folks can be freer than they are here, and has work published in The Hopper, Literary Cleveland, and Black Freighter Press (Fall 2022), among others. You can learn more about her work at keniahale.com, follow her on Instagram @KeniaIsCreating, and follow her band @Speakeasy_NB.