Reece Whatmore

Inherited Storyteller

07.07.23
Reece Whatmore

Reece Whatmore (she/they) is an undergraduate student studying materials science and engineering at Carnegie Mellon University, and concurrently working in the Morphing Matter Lab. With a deep-rooted passion for sustainability, Reece envisions a world where nature and humanity coexist harmoniously, leveraging the principles of bioinspiration in her work. By studying and understanding nature's mechanisms, Reece aims to develop innovative materials and engineering solutions that contribute to building this sustainable future.

Beyond the lab, Reece's love for outdoor activities, everything from rock climbing to long beach walks, and being an avid swimmer since childhood keep her energized. Exploring her creative side, Reece has developed a newfound obsession with rug tufting and enjoys experimenting with all sorts of textiles. 

You can learn more about her work at https://www.reecewhatmoredesigns.com/, and can follow her on instagram @reecequemas.