Shaylyn Martos

Inherited Season 2 Storyteller

08.23.22
Shaylyn Martos

shaylyn martos (she/they) works to provide better representation of LGBTQ+ and Indigenous people in media. As an Associate Producer for YR Media's newsroom, shaylyn manages and mentors interns ages 14-24 in news production and audio commentaries. They also produce projects with outlets like NPR's All Things Considered and the Post Reports podcast. shaylyn was honored as the first Raul Ramirez Diversity in Journalism Fund intern to work with KQED's The Bay podcast — working as a production assistant and reporting her own episode on Stockton's Little Manila. They co-produce and co-host The Happy Hour Newscast and served as multimedia editor for SF State's Golden Gate Xpress. In 2019, shaylyn was honored as an NPR Next Generation Radio Mentee. Off the clock, they can be found reading speculative fiction, cooking their favorite CHamoru foods or playing Dungeons and Dragons with their adventuring party.

you can find shaylyn on all social platforms @shaylynmartos.