Hollister Partners With LGBTQ+ Student Activists for Pride Collection

06.09.22
Hollister Partners With LGBTQ+ Student Activists for Pride Collection (Hollister)

Tallahassee, FLClothing company Hollister recently released its new, gender-inclusive collection for Pride Month called “Live Loud! Live Proud!” It was co-created by student activists in the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN).

GLSEN rallies year-round for LGBTQ+ inclusion in schools.

“Gender expression is shown through clothing. Being nonbinary gives me the freedom to know that there is no way I’m ‘supposed’ to dress,” said a student who worked on the collection, according to Pink News

The collection features various clothing items such as a hoodie, tank top and T-shirt with either the campaign’s slogan or colors from the Progress Pride Flag. 

The collection also has swimwear with a tie-dye bikini and hat accessories. The hat accessories included in the collection are a bucket hat with rainbow smiley faces and a bandana having a variety of phrases: “Gay all day,” “Pride is a movement” and “Protect Black trans lives.”

“Regardless of sales, in partnership with Gilly Hicks, we’re donating $250,000 to GLSEN, a US-based non-profit organization, to help create safe & affirming spaces for LGBTQ+ students in schools,” the company said.