3 Tips for Adjusting to College

09.22.23
3 Tips for Adjusting to College (Courtesy of True Star Media)

ChicagoThe first week of college can be pretty overwhelming. Believe me, I know. It’s a huge change from high school, and we don’t even really realize it until we step foot into that new environment. 

Here are three tips on how college can be less stressful for you.

Tip One: Fixing your schedule. If your schedule is built for you by your school, email your advisor and ask for classes closer together, and earlier in the day. That way, you don’t have long gaps in between classes, and you can go home when it’s still light out. 

Tip Two: Your teachers aren’t your enemies. If you need an extension on your homework, email them. They’re more than likely to help you out. Keep in mind the more rigid structure of college, but also think about how your professors can help you stay on track. 

Tip Three: Make things easier for yourself. Your teachers might be cool with you being late a couple times, but best not make a habit out of it. Get to class early, and if you have to, you’ll have time to do that homework assignment from yesterday.