In Honor of Megan Thee Stallion Day

Five ways Megan gave back to those in need and in her community. It's the best way to celebrate Megan Thee Stallion Day.

05.02.23
In Honor of Megan Thee Stallion Day (Megan Thee Stallion attends the 2023 CMT Music Awards at Moody Center on April 02, 2023 in Austin, Texas. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for CMT))

It has officially been a year since Houston's Mayor Sylvester Turner dedicated May 2 as Megan Thee Stallion Day. This exceptional day lands on the birthday of two phenomenal women in Megan's family, her late mother and grandmother.  

Throughout her career, she has accumulated many accolades and has uplifted her community through her philanthropic endeavors. Here are just five of the moments Megan Thee Stallion showed up and showed out. 

1. HBCU H-TOWN HOTTIE 

In 2021, Megan graduated from the illustrious Texas Southern University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Administration. Mind you, this was after she was already a Grammy Award-winning rapper. She showed the world that no matter what, education is a priority and if you put your mind to it, you can achieve it. She has even helped some of her fans further their education by partnering with multiple organizations to give scholarships to college students. She even has her own scholarship at TSU called “The Megan Fund.” 

1. A TRUE SAVAGE B

The “Savage” remix featuring Beyoncé was everywhere. Challenges and freestyles swept the Internet and took over apps. The two Houston icons used the proceeds to give back to those who were affected by Covid-19 through the organization, Bread of Life

1. NEVER FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM 

Megan partnered with NACC Disaster Services and Texas Representative Sheila Jackson Lee during the 2021 winter storm in Houston. The fundraiser allowed aid to be awarded to single mothers and elderly people living in the area who were devastated by the storms.

1.  FAMILY FIRST 

She started a nonprofit, the Pete and Thomas Foundation, in honor of her late parents, Joseph Pete Jr. and Holly Thomas. The foundation focuses on giving back to those who need help with education, housing and wellness expenses. "Her parents instilled the importance of family, education and community," stated PeteandThomasfoundation.org.

1. PUTTING THAT DEGREE TO WORK! 

Megan has spoken out about abortion rights due to the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade. Abortions are now illegal in Texas, however, the rapper designed a "Ladies Love Yourself" shirt and donated the proceeds to Planned Parenthood. She has also used her platform several times to advocate for women, their bodies and their rights.

These are just a few of many moments and ventures in that Megan Thee Stallion used her platform to push positivity and to advocate for others. She is continuously giving back, so today we give Megan her flowers. Happy Megan Thee Stallion Day!!