Air Force Aims to Relocate Members Affected by Anti-Trans Laws

04.18.22
Air Force Aims to Relocate Members Affected by Anti-Trans Laws (Getty Images)

ChicagoTransgender service members and of the United States Air Force will get relocation assistance from the department amid the multitude of anti-trans legislation that blankets the nation, including Mississippi and Texas

Under Secretary of the Air Force Gina Ortiz Jones said the overall welfare of Air Force personnel and their families “is not just our top priority – it’s essential to our ability to accomplish the mission.”

“We are closely tracking state laws and legislation to ensure we prepare for and mitigate effects to our Airmen, Guardians and their families,” Ortiz Jones said in the release.

Service members can request relocation if they feel they’re unable to serve at the location because of the anti-trans laws. They can also utilize the Exceptional Family Member Program which gives legal, medical and other support for families with special needs.