Another White House COVID-19 Diagnosis: Barron Trump Had Coronavirus

10.14.20
Another White House COVID-19 Diagnosis: Barron Trump Had Coronavirus (Photo: Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILFirst Lady Melania Trump says her son, Barron, had tested positive for COVID-19, but didn’t show any symptoms. He has since tested negative.

After President Donald Trump and Melania Trump tested positive for the coronavirus, the White House said the 14-year-old tested negative. 

In a letter posted Wednesday on the White House website, the first lady said Barron tested positive a day after the negative result.

“I couldn’t help but think ‘what about tomorrow or the next day?’,” she said in the letter.

“My fear came true when he was tested again and it came up positive.” 

The first lady didn’t provide an explanation why his positive diagnosis was not made public earlier. 

Nearly two dozen people close to the president and three Republican senators tested positive for the virus. The majority who tested positive attended a Rose Garden event in September.