Boosting Morale Before School Starts

This can look like buying school supplies or contacting teachers ahead of time to introduce yourself, but most importantly, it must look like empowering yourself to be the best student you can be.

08.07.23
Boosting Morale Before School Starts (Getty Images)

BostonJust as you're finally getting used to the freedom and stress-free summer you've been dreaming of, the first day of school is right around the corner. 

You may wonder what you can do to bask in the final days of summertime you have left, and with this time, you should be getting geared up for the school year. 

We have some tips you can incorporate in your prep for school that will equip you to achieve greatness.

Make a playlist

Listening to your favorite songs is a sure way to boost your mood. Curate a playlist based on songs that inspire you and make you feel like you can take on the world. You’ll need that energy as you prepare for a busy semester. Plus, dancing your heart out is always a good way to get into a groove.

Go to the beach

Spending a day at the beach can be so relaxing. Gorgeous displays of sunshine, the waves, the open sky are all things to value and can produce happiness.

Consider taking a loved one as company is always nice to have on the sand. If you value solitude, take some moments to feel the waves and people watch. Enjoy this time before the chaos of the school year arrives.

Try a new hairstyle

It’s not uncommon for students to get a new hairdo for school. As summer winds down and the school year approaches, you need something to keep your spirits up.

The saying, “when you look good, you feel good,” is true. Whether you cut your hair, dye your hair or all of the above, you should go for a look that makes you happy.

Take a recreational class

Take a look and see what’s happening in your neighborhood. Is there a YMCA in your area offering yoga or basketball classes? Maybe you’re more interested in arts and crafts. Seek out opportunities to do what you enjoy and to invest in your hobbies. This will ground you and help you feel your best.

Trinity Alicia (she/her/hers) is a Boston-based journalist. Follow her on Twitter: @trinityaliciaa

Edited by NaTyshca Pickett