#BlackBoyJoy: Pre-Teen Accepted to Georgia Tech

11.27.20
#BlackBoyJoy: Pre-Teen Accepted to Georgia Tech (Photo: PeopleImages/Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILA 12-year-old boy in Georgia has big dreams and he’s on his way to accomplishing them. Caleb Anderson has already been accepted to college and even one day hopes to travel to Mars. 

Anderson is already taking high school courses at a local technical college in Atlanta and hopes to enroll at Georgia Tech next fall. 

"Try to get my master's at Georgia Tech. Then do an internship with Elon Musk, and then I'll probably get my PhD at MIT, and then I think I'll start working at either NASA or SpaceX," Caleb said in an interview with WSB.

Caleb’s mother, Claire Anderson, said he could read at 6 months old and started taking college classes at the age of 10.

"At three weeks old, I did notice that Caleb was trying to mimic some of my words ... By four months, he was picking up basic signs," she said. 

After learning about Caleb’s story, media personality Steve Harvey reached and offered to pay his tuition. 

"He's kind of always been this way, where he'll ask these very deep, profound questions, and you don't expect to see that from a three-year-old," Caleb's father, Kobi Anderson, said. "That's kind of been our road, our journey."