Content in partnership with True Star

Carlee’s Credibility

Is her abduction story true?

07.21.23
Carlee’s Credibility

Recently, Carlee Russell, a 25-year-old nursing student, made national headlines when she was reported missing by her family. When driving on the interstate in Alabama, she allegedly saw a toddler walking near the road and called police and a family member. When police arrived at the scene, Russell was nowhere to be found.

Two days later, Russell suddenly returned home on foot leaving many with more questions than answers. What happened to Russell for the 48 hours she was missing?

According to Nick Derzis, Hoover Police Chief, Russell informed detectives that she was kidnapped by a man with orange hair and a woman she was unable to see, reports NPR. She also mentioned that nude photos were taken of her. Russell later was able to escape and return home.

Many are skeptical that Russell’s story isn’t adding up, especially after her recent search history was uncovered.

Russell made searches relating to whether or not one has to pay for an Amber Alert two days prior to her going missing. The day that she went missing, she searched about the movie “Taken, which is about abduction. She also made searches about a bus station 10 miles from the city she was in.

This situation just makes it more difficult for Black women and girls to be believed when it comes to things such as going missing or abductions. There are so many Black women and girls that go missing each day in the United States and across the world but this situation makes people skeptical to believe these incidents and be willing to do something to help.

Read more …

This guest post is in partnership with True Star Media.