What Does the Settlement Say About Diddy?

11.23.23
What Does the Settlement Say About Diddy? (Shareif Ziyadat via Getty Images for Sean "Diddy" Combs)

Los AngelesNOTE: A week after singer Cassie filed a sexual assault lawsuit against Sean “Diddy” Combs and settled a day later a similar lawsuit was filed Thursday against the Bad Boys Records founder. The latest allegations date back to 1991.

Less than 24 hours after the news broke about hip hop mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs and R&B singer Cassie Ventura’s allegedly abusive relationship, both parties had reached a settlement.

Social media was shocked at the news of Ventura suing ex-boyfriend Combs for physical abuse and rape spanning over a decade. Since this official lawsuit, the public has obtained copies of the 35 page court documents detailing the explicit details of the alleged abuse that Ventura experienced by Combs. Despite this initial unexpected breaking news, audiences were even more shocked at the settlement the two artists reached. What is this settlement saying about Combs?

As more celebrities’ speak out regarding the alleged abuse, violence, and even murder crimes by Combs, audiences have speculated on social media whether he tried to damage control his image by settling quickly. Also, speculating if this swift decision was caused by guilt and not wanting any additional information to be released.

Elizabeth Leyden, 21, wasn’t surprised by the lawsuit filed against Diddy. However, she does wonder if this will cause other celebrities’ that have experienced any abuse from Combs to speak out. “I’m just glad she’s finally decided to speak out,” Leyden stated. “We’ve seen the small signs since the beginning of Instagram and that photo she posted with stitches above her eye with a busted lip from a supposed accident or whatever it was. It all makes sense now. Now that she’s stepping forward, I’m waiting on who’s next to say something and make a [charge.]”

Elijah Smith, 23, was sickened by the news of the abuse that Ventura has endured. As an older brother, he can’t imagine someone doing that to his sisters or mother. “I’m really protective of my family and I’ll step to anyone who would ever harm them or put them in danger,” Smith said. “All those people who knew something and just watched and did nothing. I couldn’t have done that even if I was working for Diddy, even if he tried to kill me or not.”