What Is Cryptocurrency?

10.10.22
What Is Cryptocurrency? (Courtesy of Kamaal Morris)

MinnesotaCryptocurrency is the new era of finance and technology allowing its possessor full decentralized control over it. You may have heard of Bitcoin (btc) — the first cryptocurrency made in 2009; or maybe you've heard of Ethereum (eth) — the 2nd largest crypto by market cap. 

Either way, these are both digital assets for the community and tools for the web 3.0 network. This new generation of web technologies will push humanity into further evolution and development; they include upbringings like decentralized finance, the metaverse, groundbreaking software/applications and much more. 

Ethereum, one of the leaders in this space, is an example of the quick evolution into this new world. Since its inception in 2015, it’s built one of the most extensive web3 ecosystems. Creators are able to build their software/applications onto the network and use the blockchain — a shared, immutable ledger — to store its data. Ethereums early breakthroughs coupled with its beloved crypto token (Ether) is a recipe for longevity and success. 

While currently trending in the mid thousands, in the next five to six years Ether’s crypto is expected to rally up to figures like $10,000, $15,000 and maybe even $20,000. Considering the volatility of cryptocurrency in the past these figures aren't out of reach, especially because of its high utility, adaptation growth, and scarcity. Recently, Ethereum's blockchain was upgraded to ‘proof of stake’ — a security structure developed where validators ‘Validate’  blockchain transactions based on the number of stacked coins. from its previous ‘proof of work’. Ultimately limiting its supply, making its transaction speeds faster, bringing more energy efficiency and reducing its ‘gas fees’ (small fees paid in every transaction). Conveying its developers value in staying ahead of current trends.  

Considering cryptocurrency as a whole has only been present and working since 2009, it is still very much considered new. Looking into this market now and targeting the most secure crypto projects with a clear tunnel vision would be a major investment. Most certainly one that will lead you into new types of generational wealth. The most secure projects consist of utility. Once that's developed investors can stand clear on the tokens value as an asset. Some examples of developing utility will consist of large adaptable web3 network ecosystems, groundbreaking software/’smart contract’ ability, and record processing speeds.

Pairing these crypto attributes with natural economic shifts towards decentralization will allow your investment to yield certain recurring returns. 

Cryptocurrency is the spark Igniting the next wealth transfer. Don't miss it.