Dept. of Labor Wants Women HBCU Grads

05.17.22
Dept. of Labor Wants Women HBCU Grads (Brandy Kennedy via Unsplash)

ChicagoThe U.S. Department of Labor’s Women’s Bureau is reaching out to recent HBCU grads, wanting them to consider federal government careers.

Roxanne Griffith, a regional administrator with the Women’s Bureau, told WTOP News they are looking for HBCU grads with various kinds of degrees. That includes those who went to school for women’s studies, political science, business economics and STEM degrees.

“A lot of our minorities who attend HBCUs aren’t aware of the opportunities to work in the federal government,” said Griffith. “Even as a young person, I thought the federal government was a far reach for me and it’s a whole lot closer than a lot of people think.”

The agency has held webinars and careers events to inform students about opportunities within the government. The next one is on June 24 starting at 9:30 a.m. ET until 7:00 p.m. ET. To find out more, visit USA Jobs.