Detroit All-Boys H.S. Boasts 100% College Acceptance

Loyola High School students have received more than one million dollars in scholarships and grants, to go along with being accepted into more than 150 colleges and universities.

05.17.22
Detroit All-Boys H.S. Boasts 100% College Acceptance (Baim Hanif via Unsplash)

Las Vegas, NVFor the 12th consecutive year, Detroit’s Loyola High School is graduating 100% of its seniors and they have all been accepted into college.

When asked what makes Loyola so special, Justin Bettie, who will be attending Wayne State University in the fall, credited it to the “brotherhood.”

“They really do care about you here and treat you like a grown man” he said, “They give us time for college applications and help us out.”

What can also be credited to the school’s high success rate is the fact that they are a school that is surrounded by faith with a 9-to-1 teacher to student ratio.

Katrina Bettie, the mother of Justin Bettie, praised the school when she said, “It’s the best high school for young men in Detroit. The Jesuit education and support, the role models. It’s the best choice.”

Detroit is often painted as a place that is constantly being hindered with crime that constantly hails from young Black men. 

A school such as Loyola showcases young Back men in a positive light and shows how they can be future leaders that go on to change the world.

Loyola is one of the 57 Jesuit secondary schools in the United States and was established in 1993. 

Its students have received more than one million dollars in scholarships and grants, to go along with being accepted into more than 150 colleges and universities