Trump Found Guilty

A New York jury found Donald Trump guilty of a whopping 34 charges. He is expected to be sentenced on July 11, 2024.

05.31.24
Trump Found Guilty (Getty Images)

For the first time in American history, a former president has been convicted of a felony.

On Thursday, a New York jury found Donald Trump guilty of a whopping 34 charges. These charges were of him falsifying business records. Trump paid off his former attorney, Michael Cohen, to give money to an adult film star, Stormy Daniels, to keep quiet about an affair Trump had with her before the 2016 election.

Daniels’ attorney, Clark Brewster, told CNN she was “really emotional” following Thursday’s conviction of Trump.

Alana Evans, Daniels’ friend, called it a “joyous day.”

Trump’s sentencing will be on July 11th, at 9AM CT. You’ll still have to hear the former president angrily tweet about it until then, since he won’t have to serve any jail time in the meantime. However, he is facing the possibility of prison time – up to four years for each conviction, but nothing will be decided until that date.