Are You Suffering From Eco-anxiety?

05.30.22
Are You Suffering From Eco-anxiety? (Priscilla Du Preez via Unsplash)

ChicagoThe effects of climate change are more prominent now than ever with video and photo evidence stocking up high and the weather growing increasingly unpredictable. Natural disasters are worsening and more scientists are pleading for change to take place. It seems that every day there’s another beg and cry to save the planet, but the older generations kick back and relax, ignoring the signs.

Where does this leave the younger generation?

The constant talk of a dying planet has spread massive eco-anxiety for most, if not all of Gen Z. It affects everyone in some way, big or small. In fact, eco-anxiety–which refers to persistent worries about the future of Earth and the life it shelters–is more common in today’s young generation compared to generations before ours. With countless studies being made, surveys being taken, and news reports showing the effects of climate change, the looming fear of the future has taken a whole generation by storm.

But if the older generations don’t suffer from eco-anxiety, why does the younger generation? Well, the answer is simple. We’re going to be the ones living in a world that could be too far gone due to climate change.

Read more ...

This guest post is in partnership with the True Star Media.