Content in partnership with Talker

Family Time and Boats Are Crucial for a Perfect Summer

The perfect summer must include two weeks with family and/or close friends, watching the sunrise multiple times and relaxing in the pool or a boat.

07.15.24
Family Time and Boats Are Crucial for a Perfect Summer (Getty Images)

A new survey has found that the perfect summer must include 14 days with loved ones, eight sunrises watched and 11 dips in the water.

That’s according to a survey of 2,000 U.S. adults, which revealed that summer isn’t summer without a few key experiences.

Spending time with family and friends (44%), having outdoor BBQs (43%) as well as longer days (42%), warmer weather (37%) and swimming (31%) are some of the most loved aspects.

In fact, almost three-quarters (74%) even believe that there are certain factors that can make or break an entire summer season.

Too much heat during the dog days of summer (63%), being sick (61%) or getting injured (49%) ranked as the top three ways to break the season.

On the flip side, summer can be made by spending time with loved ones (65%), getting away from home (55%) and simply being near water (49%).

Conducted by Talker Research on behalf of Boatsetter, an app for boat rentals, charters and on-the-water experiences, the survey explored the concept of the perfect summer and uncovered a by-the-numbers breakdown.

It seems as though these factors are already falling into place as Americans plan to spend two whole weeks with their friends and family this summer.

In fact, almost half (49%) spend the most time with their loved ones during the summer months, compared to the rest of the year.

This summer, Americans are soaking in every moment of sun and plan to watch eight different sunrises and 11 sunsets. They’re also basking in the sun between those two markers and plan to endure one sunburn and go through an average of two bottles of sunscreen.

Americans plan to get in the water 11 times this summer, often in a pool (64%), the ocean (36%) or a lake (29%).

They’re also getting in the water an average of seven days by way of boating (27%), tubing (27%), or kayaking (8%).

Fishing (32%), sunset cruises (25%) and dock-and-dining (17%) were also found to be some of the most popular on-the-water activities this summer.

Originally published by Talker News