I Found Joy In Controlling My Finances

Kamaal Morris shares tips if you are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.

08.15.22
I Found Joy In Controlling My Finances (YR Staff)

At age 10, I decided that I wanted to be my own boss. I wanted to make a fortune for myself and for those I held close to me. But most of all I wanted to pursue something that had meaning in my life. A year later, I created my first concept company —  it was an online store that provided only the highest tech accessories and amenities. Everyone around me has been supportive of any idea I've had regardless of the chance it had… and that was enough for me to push towards it. 

Fast forward to 2019, my mom became her own boss as an entrepreneur and immediately offered to help build my legacy. Now that she had obtained the necessary skills, knowledge and mindset one needs to succeed, my vision became applicable. I just needed to determine what industry I could build my name into. 

In my sophomore year of high school, I started investing into the stock market as well as cryptocurrency. I started day trading on top of holding onto what I felt were the best growth companies. For cryptocurrency, I started and held some of the biggest names in the web 3.0 and blockchain space (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Xrp etc. … ). I truly found joy in controlling what happened to my finances and eventually realized that I shouldn't limit what I know to myself. 

Early this year Ascension Investment Group LLC — a company focused on providing resources enabling any and everyone to control their finances independently — was born. Although the company is still new, my vision continues to grow and evolve into something greater. 

As I embark on this new journey in writing. I hope to inspire kids, teens and maybe even adults to pursue their long time dreams. We are entering a time where opportunity is accessible more than ever and I want everyone to get a piece of it. 

Here are some tips if you are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur

1. Expand your network. It’ll expose you to more opportunities.

2. Be comfortable with being uncomfortable. (That's how real money is made.)

3. Know that failure is necessary to succeed.