Content in partnership with True Star

‘One Chip Challenge’ Removed From Shelves Following Teen’s Death

09.11.23

ChicagoHarris Wolobah, a 14-year-old boy from Massachusetts, has tragically passed away following the “One Chip Challenge.”

The “One Chip Challenge” by the brand Paqui is made from some of the hottest peppers in the world: the Carolina Reaper and Naga Viper peppers. The goal of this “challenge” is to eat the single hot chip that comes in the coffin-shaped box without a beverage or any other food.

The challenge is only intended for adults to participate in as stated on the packaging, but those taking on the challenge are getting younger and younger. There should have been more strict purchasing rules regarding this product, especially considering the harmful effects it can have on children and teens. More teens have been seen eating the chip.

Paqui has taken notice and has removed the chip from shelves following the death of Wolobah.

Read more …

This guest post is in partnership with True Star Media.