Jazz Jennings Reveals Eating Disorder Diagnosis

06.23.21
Jazz Jennings Reveals Eating Disorder Diagnosis (Photo: Roy Rochlin/Getty Images)

ChicagoJazz Jennings is holding herself accountable by sharing her eating disorder journey with her followers. 

In an Instagram post days ago, the transgender activist and influencer shared side by side photos of herself showing her weight gain. She has been diagnosed with binge eating disorder and said it is “a disease in which I’m not only addicted to food, but I eat it in large quantities.” 

Her reveal garnered support from family, friends and body positivity influencers. 

Trans activist and author Skylar Kergil wrote, “you have helped so many people, now is the time for us to support you on your new journey and don’t you let anybody tell you otherwise.” 

Jennings is holding strong in her journey and said, “I know I have the power in me to lose the weight, and I intend on sharing my progress with all of you. Love you all, and thanks for understanding the battle I’m fighting to win.”