Kentucky Principal/Mayor Given Lap Dance During Homecoming

10.28.21
Kentucky Principal/Mayor Given Lap Dance During Homecoming (Photo: Hazard High School via Facebook)

ChicagoLap dances given by a high school boy to the principal, who is also the mayor, and other staff during a homecoming event are being investigated by a Kentucky school district. 

Photos posted on social media showed girls dressed as Hooters waitresses and boys being paddled at the spirit events at Hazard High School, the New York Post reported. One of the photos also shows a teen seductively dancing near Donald Mobelini, who is the principal and mayor of Hazard.

“The incident is under investigation and as you know anything under investigation I really can’t talk about,” said Hazard Independent Superintendent Sondra Combs. “Once the investigation is complete, appropriate action will be taken.”

The pictures were deleted from the Hazard School Athletics Facebook page by Wednesday night. 

Nema Brewer, of the public education group Ky. 120 United, said “public education is under so much fire right now” and that “this kind of stuff is not helpful.”

“In fact, it’s disgusting,” said Brewer, adding, “It appears they are sexualizing young adults.”

It isn’t the first time Mobelini has been investigated. He was investigated twice before for alcohol incidents involving students. In one incident, photos surfaced of him driving kids around as they drank and smoked, according to the Post.