Are You Losing Friends?

It's important to reflect on what a friendship or person may have taught you while their season was prominent in your life, but don’t dwell too long on the things you can’t change.

06.27.24
Are You Losing Friends? (Getty Images)

As you begin to grow and evolve throughout the years, not everyone can come with you.

I’ve always thought of this as an interesting topic, but as you mature you’ll begin to witness it more than ever. Friendship is supposed to be sacred, this is without a question. Everyone has their own category in people’s lives which range from outsiders, acquaintances, friends, best friends, families, soul mates, and more. However, I’ve always loved that a singular friend can be a combination of so many loved qualities and make a positive impact in your life. Of course there’s a positive to having friends, but the difference is quantity vs. quality.

Is there really any easy way to deal with losing friends? 

I wouldn’t say it comes easy because those relationships are just as important as anything romantic – which can also feel like a breakup in its own sense. But, sometimes friendships run their course or additional contributing factors may have led to its demise. However, everything really boils down to perspective and maturity when dealing with these types of experiences.