Master P Aims to Save Millions After Daughter’s Death

Tytyana Miller, 29, died in late May after a nine-year struggle with substance abuse.

07.28.22
Master P Aims to Save Millions After Daughter’s Death (@masterp via Instagram)

Los Angeles, CATwo months after Master P’s daughter Tytyana Miller died of an accidental overdose, he’s on a mission to help others who struggle with mental and substance abuse.

Miller’s nine-year battle with drug addiction was documented on the WE tv reality show, “Growing Up Hip Hop.” The Miller Family encouraged her to seek help, and she did. Master P said in his interview with CBS This Morning that she “was getting better” and “was on the right track.” 

She died at 29 in late May.

https://youtu.be/KUxCjW5wS4M

“I’m going to turn my pain into passion and I’m going to turn it into a purpose because I can’t get my daughter back,” Master P said. “I love her and think about her every day, and it took me and my family to go through something that I just can’t stop thinking about, but I realize that I have to get out here and help and save other kids.” 

The big picture for Master P is that so many people are struggling with mental illness. According to the National Alliance of Mental Illness, 1 in 20 Americans experiences serious mental health issues yearly.

And mental illness doesn’t discriminate.

“We look at mental illness and substance abuse, it’s serious. It affects everyone, Black, white, Asian, Latino, rich, poor,” he said. “My whole purpose now is, ‘I don’t know why you put me through this God, and I’m not going to question you, but I’m going to get out here and save millions.’”

No details about Master P collaborating with mental illness and substance abuse organizations have been released.