Me, Inc: Ariel Williams

06.21.21
Me, Inc: Ariel Williams (Photo: Screenshot of bonnet with a pocket video demonstration/@barbianacollections via Instagram)

DeKalb, ILAriel Williams has gone viral on Twitter after sharing her invention online: a bonnet with a pocket. 

Williams founded Barbiana Collections two years ago and has been selling bonnets ever since. She came up with the idea of adding a pocket to store small items such as hair ties or bobby pins. 

The 19-year-old from Indianapolis said she researched and couldn't find anyone who had done this before. So she decided to begin making them.

"I loved the thought of me keeping my hair ties and bobby pins inside of my bonnet," she said, according to BuzzFeed News. 

Williams' friend posted her video from Instagram on Twitter, and it instantly went viral. Although many of the tweets discussed wearing the bonnet outside, Williams said that the pocket bonnets are made to be worn both inside and outside.

"Inside the house, outside the house, it’s your business. Either way, I encourage everyone to be themselves and own it," she said, according to BuzzFeed News.