Nashville All-Girls School Postpones Implementation of ‘Gender Diversity Philosophy’

"We recognize that this philosophy elicited strong reactions of support and opposition beyond our expectations. We care deeply about your feedback and we have heard you." -Harpeth Hall School

08.23.22
Nashville All-Girls School Postpones Implementation of ‘Gender Diversity Philosophy’ (@harpeth_hall via IG)

ChicagoA Nashville elite all-girls school put a pause on implementing a policy allowing applications from those who identify as female in response to concerns from the community. 

In a letter to parents, Harpeth Hall School announced that it wouldn’t move forward with its “Gender Diversity Philosophy," that would allow "any student who identifies as a girl" to apply to the school, according to Fox News. 

"Based on the response from our school and community, the Harpeth Hall Board of Trustees is choosing to pause the adoption of the philosophy in order to engage a wider audience in continued discussion," according to the letter. "We recognize that this philosophy elicited strong reactions of support and opposition beyond our expectations. We care deeply about your feedback and we have heard you."

This comes as other all-girls schools have moved toward allowing biological males who identify as female to apply to their schools.