NYU to Ease COVID Restrictions Starting Friday

The university will allow indoor dining again starting Feb. 4. On Feb. 7, restrictions on gyms, events, study rooms and club activities will be lifted.

02.04.22
NYU to Ease COVID Restrictions Starting Friday (Jake Capriotti for Washington Square News)

by Lauren Ashe, Gabriel Hawthorne, and Carmo Moniz

This story was originally published on New York University’s Washington Square News.

NYU will loosen its COVID-19 restrictions on campus starting Friday, Feb. 4, the university announced in an email sent Wednesday evening. NYU cited its booster requirement and the recent decline in new omicron cases on campus and across New York City

Starting Friday, students will be allowed to eat in dining halls. NYU is urging students to eat 6 feet apart from other students and finish their meals in 15 minutes or less. To-go options will continue to be available.

In-person events, gatherings and meetings will resume in person beginning Monday, Feb. 7, in compliance with the university’s previous COVID-19 safety guidelines. Student clubs may also resume in-person meetings.

Gyms and other athletic facilities will reopen for individual workouts. Group fitness and recreation classes will still continue to operate remotely.

Read the rest of the story at Washington Square News.