Vote By Absentee

Out-of-state college students need to register now to vote.

09.16.24
Vote By Absentee (Getty Images)

If you’re a Swiftie you’re going to want to hear this. This past Tuesday, “The Eras Tour” singer, Taylor Swift, endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris’s campaign in a post saying, “Like many of you, I watched the debate tonight. If you haven’t already, now is a great time to do your research on the issues at hand and the stances these candidates take on the topics that matter to you the most.”

The artist stated that she will be casting her vote for Harris and Tim Walz this presidential election, “because she fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them.”

We all know what reaction that can gain from a fan base like Swift’s. The singer drove 405,999 followers to visit the vote.gov site following her statement. It seems like the majority of the U.S. who are eligible will be casting their votes this season. If you’re over the age of 18 and a U.S. citizen, you are automatically eligible to vote, so what’s stopping you from allowing your voice to be heard during such a pivotal time in American history?