Obama Daughters Done Quarantining with Parents

05.15.21
Obama Daughters Done Quarantining with Parents (Photo: Olivier Douliery-Pool/Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILLike many other college students during the pandemic, Malia and Sasha Obama got sick of staying in the house with their parents while quarantining.

In an interview with Stephen Colbert on “The Late Show” Wednesday night, former First Lady Michelle Obama said the family got through a couple of good months together and that Malia, 22, and Sasha, 19, are their favorite people in the world. 

“By the summer, we were like, ‘OK, that’s enough of you. I have nothing else to say,'” Obama said. “Our youngest, Sasha, who’s not as talkative as our older one, is just like, ‘I really have nothing to say to you. I just don’t. I’m not even trying anymore.”

Obama also dished on how movie night divided the family. 

“[Malia] and Barack like dark and sad, and Sasha and I want a little laughter and frivolity,” she said. “It seems like they take themselves a little seriously with their movies, and they like to rehash dark moments. Barack’s taste in movies is ‘Everybody is sad and then they die.'”

After many movie and game nights, Malia and Sasha ditched their parents and are now living on the West Coast. 

Colbert jokingly asked if they left a forwarding address, to which the former First Lady replied, “We know where they are, but they don’t check in much.”