Shaq Says Daughters Can Live at Home Longer Than Sons

“Because as a man, you have to protect, provide and love your women. I trust them more because they're more sensitive, they're more caring and they're thinkers," said O'Neal.

04.26.22
Shaq Says Daughters Can Live at Home Longer Than Sons (@amirahoneal_ via Instagram)

ChicagoShaquille O’Neal shared that his three daughters — Amirah, Taahirah and Me’arah — can live at home far longer than his three sons.

O’Neal, who appeared on an episode of “The Pivot Podcast,” said his daughters “can stay as long as (they) want while his sons “got to go” when they turn 18, noting “I like my girls a little bit better,” according to People magazine

“Because as a man, you have to protect, provide and love your women,” he said. "I trust them more because they're more sensitive, they're more caring and they're thinkers," he added. "You know how boys are. My boys, you bring something in front of them and they're gone."

While O’Neal was known for his toughness on the NBA court, “being a dad helped me become more likable,” he said. "You know how it is in sports. When I lose, I'm tearing my house up. I'm pissed, I'm breaking everything, but as soon as you have the kids, soon as you open that door, all that has to go away."