Opinion: Overturn of Roe Vs. Wade Horrible Decision

Women's bodies are not pawns on a political chess board. It is important for us to know when our laws start to impede on human rights.

06.24.22
Opinion: Overturn of Roe Vs. Wade Horrible Decision (Anna Moneymaker via Getty Images)

Las Vegas, NVThe Supreme Court decided Friday to overturn Roe vs. Wade, ending abortion as a constitutional right, giving states the right to ban the medical procedure.

Justice Samuel Alito said the nearly 50-year landmark ruling must be “overruled” because they were “egregiously wrong” and the arguments were “exceptionally weak” and “damaging.”  

No. What’s damaging is the decision to take away a woman’s right to choose what’s best for her body.

Anti-abortion opponents believe that you're taking a life away and that's all there is to it, but that’s not true. There are many other factors that go into a woman’s decision to have an abortion, including health reasons and pregnancy as a result of rape.

As a man who has grown up around a lot of women, I know and understand that women’s bodies can be complex at times. This is usually a topic that I completely steer clear of, but it is hard to ignore the fact that men are consistently the ones making these decisions on the behalf of women.

Here’s a state-by-state breakdown of abortion laws, according to ABCNews.com