Need Tips Easing Into Back-to-School Routine? TikTok’s Got You Covered

08.26.21
Need Tips Easing Into Back-to-School Routine? TikTok’s Got You Covered (Photo: Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILAs back-to-school season comes into full swing, many students and parents are creating helpful hacks and sharing them on TikTok to ease the stress of school life in the fall. 

One user, Lauren Clutter, uses TikTok to show how she prepares food and snacks her kids will eat for the week. For example, she'll prepare and freeze five cups of applesauce for the week.

Another user,Takeitfromnicole, suggests choosing your child's clothes for the week on Sunday night. Then, place each pair of clothing into bins or shelves labeled by the days of the week. 

“That way for that morning, all they need to do is pull out the clothing they need from the day,” she said. 

Roxanne Strickland told her followers that parents should buy new or used binders and place dozens of dividers and sheet protectors for when their children come home from school with mountains of paperwork.  

Students entering their first year of college might find it hard to adjust to a small dorm room. One TikTok user suggests using an over-the-door rack is great for placing essentials including school supplies, snacks and sanitary products and a rolling cart to convert into an on-the-go study station. 

College student Ada Cruz recommends starting their regular school routine a few weeks early by scheduling small tasks in their planner, sleeping earlier and eating breakfast ahead of the school year to help prepare. 

Another helpful tip is to making a creative scheduling hack as a place for your weekly to-do lists on different colored paint swatches. Mary Song said the variation in color will keep your attention and you can even place the most important assignments in a red or bright color.