Managing Time For School, Business As A Teen

Your external organization is a representation of your internal organization, so keep your workspace clean and organized to help you stay focused and efficient.

03.13.23
Managing Time For School, Business As A Teen (Getty Images)

St. Paul, MNAs a teen, balancing a business and school can seem like a daunting task. But with a little bit of planning and organization, it can be done. 

To start off you'll have to know that it's important to create a schedule that includes time for school work, business tasks and personal activities while preparing for popups. This will help you to allocate enough time for each task and stick to your schedule while having room for any unexpected surprises. You'll also have to  prioritize your tasks and determine what is most important. 

As young entrepreneurs, it's critical that decisions are carefully made when it comes to prioritizing. One major thing to make aware of as an emerging generation are the technological tools that can be of great assistance for managing time and tasks effectively. Productivity tools such as calendars, automated to-do lists and AI task/time-tracking software like: Evernote, Toggl, Trello, and Asana can help you stay on top of your schedule and responsibilities.

Another important thing to remember is to delegate tasks as your business grows. This will free up lots of your time. If you don't have an official team in place you can ask friends or family members for help with certain tasks. It's also important to make time for hobbies and other interests. Avoiding procrastination can also help to reduce stress. Try to complete tasks at hand and avoid putting them off until the last minute. 

Managing time between a business and school as a teen is achievable. Remember that it's okay to ask for help if you need it and that taking care of your mental and physical health should always be a top priority. With these tips, you can successfully balance your business and school responsibilities and have a successful and fulfilling life as a young entrepreneur.