Understanding My Body Language

08.30.13
Understanding My Body Language

When you are texting, you can roll your eyes and have all the attitude you want, because no one can see you. But what happens when you’re not behind a screen?

After a parent-teacher conference with my least favorite teacher, my mom told me to say thank you. So I mustered up my  most sarcastic-fake thank you.

After the meeting I got a huge lecture from my mom about what my body language looks like to others. The person she described did not sound anything like me.  She said I slouched in my chair and didn’t make any eye contact.

My mom said that if I wanted to ask my teacher about a grade in the future or get help, he wouldn’t want to deal with me. And if she were going to hire someone and they looked like I did in the meeting, she wouldn’t hire them.

It’s still hard to keep the anger from showing on my face when I feel mistreated by someone. But I want to learn how to control those emotions. I don’t want people to see me as that girl with the attitude problem.