Mass Vaccination Site Housed at Southern University

03.25.21
Mass Vaccination Site Housed at Southern University (Photo: Chandan Khanna/AFP via Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILEligible Louisiana residents looking to receive a COVID-19 vaccine will be able to at a large-scale, drive-thru vaccination event Saturday at Southern University and A&M College in Baton Rouge.

The vaccinations will be offered from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. at the university’s F.G. Clark Activity Center. Ochsner Medical Center will administer 2,000 doses of the Moderna vaccine, by appointment only.

The vaccine is free and appointments must be made in advance through the Ochsner vaccine call center, (844) 888-2772, or through MyOchsner.

Those who are vaccinated will be automatically scheduled to return for their second dose at F.G. Clark Activity Center on April 25. 

Earlier this month, Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards announced that the state would expand eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine to everyone 16 and older with health conditions that make them more likely to suffer a serious complication from COVID-19. 

Eligibility for the vaccine can be found here