Services

Every Youth Radio participant has access to mental and physical wellness support designed to help them manage challenges in all areas of their lives through case management, academic and career advising, and healthy food choices. By providing wrap-around services to our young people and supporting them in examining their own experiences, our process promotes resiliency and self-sufficiency.

Case Management

On-site case managers conduct needs assessments for all young people and facilitate group and individual counseling sessions. Case managers connect young people to external resources and support as needed, including housing, healthcare, legal support and more.

Academic and Career Advising

We help every student reach their academic and career goals through workshops, field trips, guest speakers, and individualized guidance on a range of higher educational and professional opportunities. Services include homework assistance, SAT preparation, college application prep, financial aid guidance, resume and cover letter writing, and interview preparation.

Wellness

Our Health and Wellness program encourages awareness and engagement in health topics that affect our students’ lives and communities. Through peer-to-peer education and youth-produced media, students build their knowledge of teen pregnancy prevention, sexually transmitted infection prevention, teen dating violence prevention, active living, food justice, alcohol and other drug use/abuse, harm reduction, and emotional self-regulation.