Content in partnership with True Star

Chicago Football Classic Brings Out HBCU Pride

09.04.23

ChicagoThis past Saturday I got the opportunity to go to the return of the 25th Annual Chicago Football Classic, this time between the Delta Devils of Mississippi Valley State and the Marauders of Central State at Soldier Field. I was able to color commentate the game with Mr. Brian Snow of Snowman Multimedia. It was my first time commentating, and he made the experience clean and easy. I was very nervous before the game, but once we went on the air, all the nerves gradually went away.

Before the game, lots of people enjoyed tailgate parties in the parking lot and there was a HBCU college fair including Alabama A&T, Clark-Atlanta, Florida A&M, and Howard. There was also a massive High School Battle of the Bands which included King College Prep and Rich Township High School. While all of the bands did a fantastic job, Rich Township’s “Mighty Marching Machine” went on to win first place. With so much going on, the space around Soldier Field was packed with people for these events.

Read more …

This guest post is in partnership with True Star Media.