Chicago — Ever wanted to develop your own app, but couldn’t because you didn’t have the money? Well, here’s your chance.
Discord has launched a new program in which participants can pitch an app idea for a chance to receive funding. Whether you’re a solo hobbyist, or have a team of friends, you can submit any interesting, fun, helpful, or exciting app idea that will be featured as a part of Discord’s overall platform.
The program is divided into five distinct app categories:
- Apps for Artists, a category to boost creativity through art
- IRL Impact, a category to aid local communities
- Mini-Games, a category to add fun games for users to play
- Learning, a category to support education
- Wildcard, a category that might not fit in with the others, for your own niche interests
The top pitch in each category will receive $5,000 in funding to make their app, and an additional $10,000 if the app is completed within 60 days. Participants must either be 18 or older, or between ages 13 to 18 with parental consent.
This guest post is in partnership with True Star Media.